Warranty & Furniture Care
Once you have read through the warranty terms and conditions; and feel that your goods have a manufacturing defect.
Please send an email via the CONTACT US form providing the following details:
Invoice Number (for purchase of product)
Basic description of the issue
Please do not call local store staff as they will not be able to directly help you with warranty claims.
Send your details as requested above here.
Global Living Furniture guarantees to make good by repair any manufacturing defect for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase, validated by providing a copy of your tax invoice.
The warranty is limited by the following conditions:
1. The warranty is extended to the original purchaser at the original delivery address.
2. This warranty does not cover goods used for any commercial or rental or non-domestic use.
3. The goods must be cared for in accordance with the relevant care instructions provided on this document.
4. Normal wear & tear cannot be deemed as a defect.
5. Natural characteristics of the goods must not be considered as a defect.
6. Any repairs or replacements do not include transportation costs of the goods to and from the specified place of repair.
7. This warranty does not cover damage caused by spills such as acid, solvents, dyes or other corrosive materials, ink, paint or other liquids.
8. This warranty is invalidated by negligence, improper cleaning or treatment of products with chemicals, exposing furniture to sunlight, extreme heat or light.
9. Any claim must be made to Global Living Furniture within 7 days of the defect appearing to avoid further damage.
5 YEAR FRAME WARRANTY ON LOUNGES - or as specified by receipt or GLF POS Systems.
This frame warranty applies to the structure and framework of the lounge. Global Living Furniture guarantees to make good by repair any manufacturing defect to the structural frame of the lounge.
This warranty does not cover the following:
1. Tears, fading, wearing, creasing or piling of fabric or leather.
2. Damage caused by improper use or handling of the lounge.
3. Damage caused by misuse, negligence, improper cleaning or treatment of the lounge with chemicals.
4. Damage caused by spills such as acid, solvents, dyes, ink, paint and other liquids or corrosive materials.
5. Damage from perspiration, body oils and medication leaching is not covered by warranty.
6. Recliner and sofa bed mechanisms are not considered as being part of the structural frame and are limited to a 12 month warranty.
Please ensure that your furniture is used as it was intended. Do not sit on arms of lounges, do not sit or stand on table tops, and do not pivot on the back legs of chairs.
SETTLING PERIOD FOR ASSEMBLED FURNITURE:
All assembled furniture will have a settling period, after which screws/bolts/hinges on all parts of the furniture will need to be tightened. This tightening should be completed whenever an item starts to wobble or feel ‘loose’. If you have not maintained an item in such a way, we are not responsible for damage caused
As with any product, prolonged exposure of furniture to direct sunlight will harm it. Direct exposure to sunlight will cause leather & fabrics to fade and may also cause excessive drying and then cracking. Direct exposure to sunlight will cause timber products, particularly doors, tops and side panels to warp or split.
LEATHER UPHOLSTERED FURNITURE:
Leather is a natural product and will have natural characteristics which represent a true distinction between natural and synthetic coverings. If written receipts from a professional cleaner or proof of cleaning product cannot be produced, your warranty claim will be voided. A certain amount of softening of cushions is to be expected over time. This may cause the seat cushions to alter slightly in shape. This is not a defect; it is merely the filling adjusting to your usage. The leather may stretch or crease to contour the cushion shape. Do not allow pets or native animals to walk on your furniture, damage caused by pets is not covered under warranty.
GENERAL SOFA MAINTENANCE AND EXPECTATIONS
Remember to use all seating equally to soften all seat cushions evenly. Sitting in one spot will show over time and will make wearing evident on a larger sofa.
If you have pets, please be careful with them around your new sofa. Pets can damage your sofa through chew marks, claws and oil residue from their fur all of which are not covered within our warranty terms.
When moving your sofa, try not to lift it by the cushions sewn to the frame and avoid moving your sofa by dragging it around. The best way to lift is from the base.
To avoid your sofa fading, it’s best not to expose it to extreme sunlight. Your sofa should be placed at least 50cm away from any heat source.
During the first 3 months, foam padding will become softer. Light creases may form on the cover following this. This is to be considered as normal wear.
Armrests and backrests are not designed as seating. Do not sit or rest on these areas.
Natural settlement at the point most used will prevail and repeated or continual pressure put on these areas of your seating cushions can cause uneven settlement which is not covered under your seating warranty. Sofas that have soft fill or feather based cushions require regular shaping (e.g. plumping cushions) to maintain optimal look and appearance. It is normal for feathers to come out of the cushions and seat pads. There is no way to avoid this happening.
If your sofa is a loose cushion or feather filled sofa, to keep their shape and comfort level you should fluff them regularly, much like your bed’s pillow or doona. This is to help maintain your sofas’ appearance and comfort levels.
Be mindful that when loose back cushions are folded over from sitting with elbows and arms being placed on top of them for extended periods of time, it can cause the cushions to settle with bends and creases in them. To avoid this, regular plumping and hard padding of these cushions must be carried out for the cushions to maintain their correct form.
Vacuum your sofa regularly, clean with a upholstery cleaner, it is recommended that your fabric sofa be professionally cleaned every 12 months to remove dirt build up, this will maintain the life and look of your sofa.
FABRIC and PU/VINYL UPHOLSTERED FURNITURE/CHAIRS/SOFAS:
If a thread becomes loose on the fabric, simply cut it off. Do not pull it. Dust must be removed using your vacuum cleaner with the appropriate attachment at a monthly minimum. Avoid harsh brushing and sharp objects (rings, buckles, toys) as it will cause snagging of threads. Do not allow pets or native animals to walk on your furniture, damage caused by pets is not covered under warranty.
Sofas that have soft fill or feather based cushions require regular shaping (e.g. plumping cushions) to maintain optimal look and appearance. It is normal for feathers to come out of the cushions and seat pads. There is no way to avoid this happening.
The approximate lifespan of PU or Vinyl materials is 3-5 years, however Global Living does not offer any warranty past 12 months as outlined under WARRANTY. Warm water with a mild detergent or leather cleaner is recommended for cleaning the PU/Vinyl material. Cleaning every 4-6 weeks is recommended, however this is no guarantee of lifespan.
LEATHER CARE AND MAINTENANCE
Maintenance of the leather on your lounge is vital to its longevity. It requires special attention and treatment to keep it in the best possible condition.
All leather products will fade and stretch over time, especially in high wear areas, this is unavoidable.
Leather sofas and dining chairs are often purchased for the ability to wipe spillages off easily. If a spillage occurs on your leather, soak up the spill quickly with a dry, dye-free cloth then follow with the process below.
The accumulation of body hair/oils, sweat, dirt and grime will accelerate the wear process, which will cause dis-colouration and surface damage. When cleaning pay special attention to wear areas such as seats, arm rests and headrests which come in direct contact with skin or hair.
CLEANING AND MAINTAINING YOUR LEATHER PRODUCT
- CAREFULLY VACCUM AND DUST THE SOFA WEEKLY WITH A SOFT, CLEAN, DYE-FREE CLOTH, SLIGHTLY MOISTENED WITH WATER TO REMOVE DUST, GRIME AND PERSPIRATION.
- CLEAN ANY SPILLS IMMEDIATELY
- CLEAN THE SOFA USING LEATHER CLEANING PRODUCTS, EVERY 4-6 WEEKS IS REQUIRED.
- APPLY A LEATHER CONDITIONING CREAM, MAKE SURE TO APPLY TO THE MOST HEAVILY USED AREAS, EVERY 6 MONTHS IS REQUIRED AT A MINIMUM.
WHEN APPLYING TREATMENT, BE SURE TO RUB THE SURFACE GENTLY.
‘2-IN-1’ OR ‘3-IN-1’ LEATHER CLEANING PRODUCTS DO NOT SUFFICIENTLY CLEAN LEATHER AND AS SUCH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AS PROPER CARE FOR GLOBAL LIVING PRODUCTS.
Do not use shoe polish, floor or laundry cleaners, solvents, cleaning fluids, abrasive powders or paste cleaners or furniture polish on your leather. Avoid hard rubbing or scrubbing and allowing hard or sharp objects to come in contact with the leather.
ALTERNATIVELY, CONTACT A LEATHER CLEANING SPECIALIST TO CLEAN YOUR LEATHER FOR YOU.
(Look in the Yellow Pages under ‘Leather Goods – Reconditioning’).
If you have any questions regarding the care of your leather products, please do not hesitate to ask for more information from your friendly Global Living Furniture staff.
GOODS WITH ELECTRICAL COMPONENTS:
These items are not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance. Any Electrical Appliance should be used only with the power supply provided.
ELECTRIC RECLINER CARE AND SAFETY INFORMATION, READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS THOROUGHLY BEFORE USE: 1) Do not allow children or pets to play on or with mechanised furniture, including extended footrest. Exercise close supervision when mechanised furniture is used by, with or near children, pets or disabled persons. 2) Avoid operating mechanised furniture around moving persons.
Keep hands and other objects away from openings in mechanised furniture. 3) Do not place mechanised furniture near power cords. Avoid entangling mechanised furniture in power cords.
4) Avoid liquid contact with any electric component. 5) Switch off and unplug mechanised furniture when not in use, and before addition or removal of parts. 6) Never operate mechanised furniture if cord or plug is damaged, malfunctioning or damaged. Contact the store for examination and repair. Do not tamper with electrical components. 7) Take care when moving recliner that wall and transformer cords are not under the base or they may get damaged. Transformer is not to be placed under or within the recliner structure. Do not cover or place the external transformer under the chair. Keep in an open, well-ventilated area free from foreign material and away for possible pinch points.
WARNING: TO REDUCE RISK OF BURNS, FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK OR PERSONAL INJURY TO PERSONS:
1) Use only for its intended purpose. 2) Never press or activate control switch if you are not seated in recliner. 3) Only the occupant should activate the control switch. 4) Never operate with more than one person occupying seat. 5) Never sit or stand on the footrest.
LACQUERED AND TIMBER FINISHES:
Natural timber and veneer finishes will show distinctive markings, patterns and colour variations which are evidence of being produced from genuine timber materials. The timber and veneers used in furniture are natural materials that will have significant variation in colour and grain pattern.
Samples displayed and or provided are indicative only and will not match the furniture that you receive. Other variations will also occur such as small knots, grain variation, gum/sap marks and mineral marks. All variations are normal and not considered defects and does not form a part of these warranties. Replacement of any timber item due to variation is not an option once they have been delivered to you. In purchasing the item, you agree to this without question. ONCE THE ITEM IS DELIVERED TO YOU, IT IS YOURS INDEFINITELY. IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THE UNIQUE TIMBER ITEM DELIVERED TO YOU THEN THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE APPLIES:
1) We recommend that you consider keeping the item for a few days, often concerns are expressed prematurely in haste.
2) Send pictures of your concern to your local Global Living Furniture.
3) Management will confirm if a change-over is possible at all.
4) Change-overs are only completed from showroom floor models, so it is recommended that you come in store to view the item in question you will receive.
5) Pay the $88 (local) changeover fee per item.
6) Organise the change-over day with your local manager if you wish to proceed.
Timber tables can split and fracture due to cold or humid environments, this is common for many types of timber surfaces. Always use protective heat coverings to protect against hot objects. A table cloth is not sufficient. Always use coasters when placing glasses, bottles, or cups on the surface. Any liquid spills should be wiped clean immediately, to prevent any damage or staining. Avoid spilling nail polish remover, solvents, or alcohol on the surface. Regularly clean the surface by wiping with a non abrasive, damp cloth.
MARBLE & RECONSTITUTED STONE:
Marble and Reconstituted Stone are natural materials. Each piece is unique in markings and patterns and colour variation. All variations are normal and not considered defects and does not form a part of these warranties. Replacement of any marble item due to variation is not an option once they have been delivered to you. In purchasing the item, you agree to this without question.
Always use protective heat coverings to protect against hot objects. A tablecloth is not sufficient. Always use coasters when placing glasses, bottles, or cups on the surface. Any liquid spills should be wiped clean immediately. Remove dirt and dust by wiping with a warm, damp cloth.
CHROME & METAL FINISHES:
Chrome and Metal surfaces are naturally prone to rusting. RUST IS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY. Wipe metal surfaces with a furniture polish, stainless steel cleaner, WD40 or Silicone sprays fortnightly (2 weeks) (the oil component prevents rust). If necessary, use a recognised brand of chrome polish. Avoid contact with sharp or hard objects as this will cause scratching. DO NOT MOP OVER THE BASE OF BAR STOOLS OR DINING TABLES.
GLASS: Use a regular glass cleaner with an appropriate soft cloth for glass. Do not apply glass cleaner to surrounding areas or the frosted side of the glass. Always use a mat to avoid hot objects being in direct contact with the glass. Avoid contact with sharp or hard objects as this will cause scratching. Never lift glass tops from the ends of a table as this will put unnecessary stress on the surface and may cause it to break.
OTHER NOTES: Most products are upholstered or handmade and therefore, the size, weight and appearance of these products may have variations of up to 5% from the sample products or from any product specifications you have been quoted or previously viewed in showrooms. These variations are not considered a defect, and not covered by warranty. Lacquer, timber, fabric and leather colour batch lots may also vary in colour by up to 10% depending on the type of material. These variations are not considered a defect, and not covered by warranty.
MISUSE OR MISTREATMENT OF ANY PRODUCT CAUSING DAMAGE IS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY.